Innerwork’s “Better Man” program combats intimate partner and family violence. We facilitate group programs that help men develop accountability and prosocial principles, while putting an end to abusive and controlling patterns. Successful participants will internalize a peaceful and effective outlook, based on empathy, respect, insight, and equality.
Our aim is to create affirming group environments that support respectful confrontation, self-disclosure, personal accountability, and healthy comradery. We believe that participants experience a more meaningful change when they take pride in their shared group work.
In addition to “Better Man” programming, Innerwork offers individual, couples, and family services.
Current group availability
Tuesdays at 11:30 AM on the NE corner of Murray and Allen in SW Beaverton (Innerwork Office at the Beaverton Commons).
Wednesdays at 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM, and 7:45 PM on the SW corner of NE 60th and Glisan on Portland’s east side (Wise Counsel Office).
More options will become available as the program grows…
Types of Abuse
Impact of Abuse
Values and Beliefs
- Innerwork’s Better Man DV Program is approved by Multnomah and Washington Counties
- Groups meet on a weekly basis for 90 minutes
- Groups cost $35 each week. A one time Intake is required to get started, which costs $80.
- Full or partial subsidies are available to qualifying participants.
- Oregon state standards require mandated men to attend at least 36 group sessions plus 3 monthly follow-up sessions. The length of time needed to meet the minimum completion requirements will vary from person to person.
- Voluntary participants are welcome.